Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Meta Concepts

So for this bog I was asked to watch a clip of a "fake news show" and look at the meta concept of the entire clip. I ended up watching a clip from The Daily Show in this segment John Stewart talked about how Health Care and was auguring with a man on how there should be healthcare for all Americans. When breaking the clip down into even smaller segments I began to see that there was indeed three ways he tried to sway the audience to his point of view. The Substantive Coverage was very clear, he felt that all Americans should have a universal healthcare system. He talked about how the American Soldiers have a excellent government run system and he thinks America should just adopt the system for all the citizens. This is very expensive and is not an easy topic to debate. I think his side of the argument was very clear but he presented his arguments almost like a 12 year old kid would... Na huh!! I'm right! Stewart then went on to use hype and say how American's soldiers are doing fine with the system. The other man said that it was not a good idea. During all of this Stewart used humor and encouraged the crowd to laugh at the man with his point of view. It really was just a stupid scene. The man was trying to have a debate for universal healthcare but every time he shared a single opinion he was made a joke. I honestly do not get my information from any of these comical shows. I prefer a non-biased source of news. I would rather have a "dryer" show then here some guys opinion on what he believes is to be right. I would rather make the decision my self what is important and not important. Isn't that what America is about?

1 comment: