Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog 6 The Race for the California State Governor



In class we have recently discussed how many ways a individual can obtain information. In blog six, I will be focussing on all the possible ways one can obtain information for the 2010 California State Governor Election. The only two candidates I will be referring to are Jerry Brown and Meg Whitman.  When I was first asked to find out information on this race and Judge which "source" had the best
unbiased  content I automatically assumed Wikipedia. Meg Whitman put out ads against  SLANDER AGAINST JERRY BROWN, Jerry Brown will soon put out slander against Meg Whitman. I was born here in California and I really do care for the future of this state. I would like to see a leader who wants to get us out of debt. I think that is very important. I believe Education is very important as well. California is consider a "leading state" it leads in many areas for example new "green laws" or "gay rights." Even though I might not always agree with such progressive laws all the time I think that it is very good that we are an always changing state. I feel as a state we do have problems however we do our best to voice our opinion in the general society of America and I like that. I have only been voting for the last 3 years of my life. I think it is important that there is a party balance in California, but typically when I vote i go to the public library and get their non-biased sheet of voting information on all the candidates. I vote for whomever is best for the job at the time not always for a certain party. When people ask me what I am democrat or republican I say neither, I am for whoever is best for the job.

I have put together a quick spread sheet explaining which source I go to for my information in order for a  election.

No comments:

Post a Comment